When you click the update button for your WordPress site, it places a .maintenance file at the root of your site. When this file is present, WordPress triggers a particular state of your WordPress site, that of maintenance. For a short while, all visitors to your site will get this message. That’s why it’s interesting to update only when our web statistics tell us that we have the fewest visitors. Normally, this message is visible only a very instant course, the one that will last the update of your site.
Sometimes, even after the update is complete, this message always appears. But how to remove this maintenance message that appears on our WordPress site? The action is very simple. Go to your favorite FTP client (FileZilla for example) and delete the .maintenance file that you will find at the root of your WordPress hosting. Do not see the file? Have you enabled the visualization of hidden files on your web server? A simple way to find out, if you do not see an .htaccess file, either you are in the wrong place or you do not see the hidden files.
Find all our tips in our WordPress hosting FAQ.
- Blank Page WordPress: What to do?
- How to backup your WordPress site
- How to choose your domain name?
- How to choose your WordPress hosting?
- How to improve and optimize the speed of your WordPress site
- How to increase WP Memory Limit?
- How to put online his WordPress site?
- How to remove the maintenance message on my WordPress site?
- How to speed up WordPress?
- How to transfer your WordPress site?
- How to update your WordPress site?
- My changes do not appear on my WordPress site with CDN
- What is a CDN for WordPress?
- What is ecological / green hosting?
- What is integrated WordPress hosting?
- What is the difference between WordPress hosting and integrated WordPress hosting?
- What is the minimum configuration for hosting a WordPress site?
- What is the uptime for a web server?
- What is web hosting?
- What is WordPress hosting?
- Where is the WordPress configuration file (wp-config.php)?
Looking for a WordPress hosting? Check out our comparison of accommodations specially designed and optimized for WordPress.
An eCommerce site must always be accessible and secure. That’s why we propose to you to discover the list of the specialized hosts WooCommerce.
What CDN for WordPress?
To make your WordPress site always faster and more secure, using CDN is essential. Let’s see what CDN WordPress you need to go fast.