The wp-config.php file is the configuration file of WordPress, it contains a lot of very interesting information such as those needed to connect to your database.
By default, this file is located at the root of your hosting (where you sent the WordPress installation files to start the installation).
This directory is usually either the directory www or the directory hdocs or public_html… It depends on your WordPress hosting.
Small detail that is important, you will need to use FTP software to access your WordPress configuration file wp-config.php.
Find all our tips in our FAQ WordPress hosting.
- Blank Page WordPress: What to do?
- How to backup your WordPress site
- How to choose your domain name?
- How to choose your WordPress hosting?
- How to improve and optimize the speed of your WordPress site
- How to increase WP Memory Limit?
- How to put online his WordPress site?
- How to remove the maintenance message on my WordPress site?
- How to speed up WordPress?
- How to transfer your WordPress site?
- How to update your WordPress site?
- My changes do not appear on my WordPress site with CDN
- What is a CDN for WordPress?
- What is ecological / green hosting?
- What is integrated WordPress hosting?
- What is the difference between WordPress hosting and integrated WordPress hosting?
- What is the minimum configuration for hosting a WordPress site?
- What is the uptime for a web server?
- What is web hosting?
- What is WordPress hosting?
- Where is the WordPress configuration file (wp-config.php)?
Looking for a WordPress hosting? Check out our comparison of accommodations specially designed and optimized for WordPress.
An eCommerce site must always be accessible and secure. That’s why we propose to you to discover the list of the specialized hosts WooCommerce.
What CDN for WordPress?
To make your WordPress site always faster and more secure, using CDN is essential. Let’s see what CDN WordPress you need to go fast.