The basic configuration needed to run WordPress is in itself minimalist. It’s enough that your hosting supports the following three things:
- MySQL 5.6 or higher / MariaDB 10.0 or more
- HTTPS support
This can be provided by an Apache web server or NGinx, it does not make any difference for WordPress. Although any server running these programs will be good, WordPress recommends the use of Apache or NGinx.
That said, the configuration I just gave is the one you need to have. But if for one reason or another your server is older than that, know that WordPress can run on versions well below:
- PHP 5.2.4+
- MySQL 5.0+
Of course, this will lead you to expose yourself to all known and un-clogged security vulnerabilities in these versions. Not to mention the performances that will literally collapse.
Find all our tips in our FAQ WordPress hosting.
- Blank Page WordPress: What to do?
- How to backup your WordPress site
- How to choose your domain name?
- How to choose your WordPress hosting?
- How to improve and optimize the speed of your WordPress site
- How to increase WP Memory Limit?
- How to put online his WordPress site?
- How to remove the maintenance message on my WordPress site?
- How to speed up WordPress?
- How to transfer your WordPress site?
- How to update your WordPress site?
- My changes do not appear on my WordPress site with CDN
- What is a CDN for WordPress?
- What is ecological / green hosting?
- What is integrated WordPress hosting?
- What is the difference between WordPress hosting and integrated WordPress hosting?
- What is the minimum configuration for hosting a WordPress site?
- What is the uptime for a web server?
- What is web hosting?
- What is WordPress hosting?
- Where is the WordPress configuration file (wp-config.php)?
Looking for a WordPress hosting with nice server configurations? Discover the accommodations specially designed and optimized for WordPress.
An eCommerce site must always be accessible and secure. A hormone-doping configuration will be a plus for you and your WooCommerce site.
What CDN for WordPress?
In order for the hardware configuration to not be a drag, using CDN is essential. Let’s see what CDN WordPress you need to go fast.